I've been annotating my maps as I create them, documenting the slow learning process of creating sounds, mapping sounds, and then test riding them.
It has been incredibly interesting and often unexpected to learn how the sounds are affected by a number of factors, despite anticipation and planning for these:
- affected by the place
- affected by the listening experience of riding,
- affected by the quality of the sound outdoors
- affected by the connotations of hearing those sounds in those spaces.
- measuring up against my ideas and intent for the work.
Sunday 16th Aug
- Pink squares are the sounds 'zones' that the bike must ride through in order to trigger the sounds.
- Black text is a simple name of the sound file that will play
- Blue text is a description of my experience hearing it on a sonic bike.